Chief Executive Director
Inspired Women Uganda! a fast-growing non-profit organization, is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to drive our growth and scale in Uganda as we work towards our organizational vision of measurably impacting 1 million Women across Africa each year. As the Chief Executive Officer, you’ll be at the forefront of a talented and ambitious young team. You will lead the execution and creation of new strategies to lead the scaling of our programs in Uganda. You will ensure we are building and experimenting with diverse systems to optimize our processes ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness as we scale. In addition, you are responsible to lead, coach, inspire and build a passionate and results oriented team that will drive the realization of our ambition over the next few years. You’ll also join a dynamic leadership team committed to organizational and professional growth.
The Chief Executive Director is a key management leader of Inspired Women Uganda. She will be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Advisory Board.
Will be able to work with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Inspired Women Uganda in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Advisory Board.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Will be developing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support Inspired Women Uganda’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Inspired Women Uganda, to include submission to the Advisory Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Will work with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Inspired Women Uganda’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Inspired Women Uganda can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Inspired Women Uganda’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Will be overseeing and implementing appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible effective administration of Inspired Women Uganda operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Advisory Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as Inspired Women Uganda’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Inspired Women Uganda’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Advisory Board.
Professional Qualifications Needed
- A post graduate education should be a priority.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years’ senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with Advisory Boards.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this search.